Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Meetings

My University established an obligatory meeting for all employees once a week. This has been very beneficial for our staff because all questions are answered and doubts are clarified during this section. The departments also have their own meetings once a week and the concerns are taken to the general and mandatory meeting.

Manuel,
Sounds like everyone is well informed. Meeting should be an opportunity to not only share information but to also ask questions.

Patty Aronoff

We also have daily, quick (10 minute) meetings to keep the team updated about the upcoming day.

Dominic,

That is a very common practice in admissions. Quick meetings our way to bring the team together and see where we are at for the day.

Patty Aronoff

Manuel,

Our school holds 2 Admissions Team meetings per week. This helps everyone involved with follow-ups and where each and every applicant is in the enrollment process. We also hold All Staff meetings every other Wednesday. This gives the entire school staff the opportunity to find out what is happening within all the departments on our campus. I feel all these meetings are vital to keeping the school moving in the right direction as a team.

I agree that meetings and training sessions are essential for admissions representatives to stay informed and grow professionally. However, it is vital for meetings to provide content of significant substance. I have worked at other organizations and institutions that seemed to hold meetings just for the sake of having meetings. Every meeting and training session should bring something of substance to the table. Otherwise it is pointless and a waste of everyone's time.

Scott,

Agreed! If you don't make them informative and worth the time spent, your staff will quickly dismiss the value of meetings in the future.

Patty Aronoff

Sign In to comment