Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Regulatory Requirements

How do Commission for Independent Education requirements affect how you perform your job as an admissions representative or agent?

I see it as a buffer to keep us in compliance and away from potential issues to both us and the organization I work for.

Timothie,
Regulations keep the institution in compliance with operating in the state and also with Title IV. Two very important entities in staying in business and protecting the consumer.

It helps to keep all admissions reps honest.

Thomas,
It not only keeps admissions reps honest, but the primary purpose is to protect the consumer.

The requirements ensure that we meet the standards necessary in order to maintain our licensing in the state of Florida. Our adherence to the standards or lack of also impacts whether or not we can continue working in admissions. They also position us to offer the best customer service to prospective students who may be inquiring about one of our programs. This customer service includes providing full disclosure and giving them all of the information necessary to make a considered and informed decision regarding enrollment at our campus.

Pamela,
You are right! Our students today are very savvy and use investigative tools to see which is the right school for them. Compliance is the key to success.

The CIE regulates how an admissions office does business. There are many regulations and rules to abide by when speaking with prospective students. It is important to keep on top of any changes that the CIE may make as the admission coordinator is responsible to be aware of these changes.

Pamela,
Compliance is key. The resource notebook is an excellent source in keeping compliant.

Helps to assure that I stay within compliance each and every day

Philip,
Check regularly on the CIE, FAPSC, and your instituion's accrediting body's websites. There are important updates listed there regarding our sector.

The regulations ensure that we remain compliant with the rules created to protect the consumer against misinformation. They also ensure that the representatives of the institution are well-informed when speaking to prospective students so they can make an informed decision.

Betsy,
You are on target! Compliance is key as well as well informed students.

We as Admissions Representatives for our institution must uphold the highest moral and ethical standards. We represent an institution of higher learning. Not only is compliance a requirement it is a guide. We must be honest and truthful at all times fully disclosing everything up front to the potential student. We must keep up to date on all regulations. The Commission for Independent Education does maintain high standards and it is there for the protection of all prospective students and their families.

The Regulatory Requirements have to be followed in order to be in compliance with the statutes.

By not following them the institution breaks the regulations established.

It is of vital importance to read, learn and apply them.

They are there for the protection of the prospective students. It is of utmost importance to be on top of any new rules and regulations.

The requirements help us to provide guidance to prospective student about the programs, costs, rates of employability, retention, degree, financial and phisical facilities.
Follow instructuion and requires ensure to do our job , to receive our students respect, the scholl's educational philosophy, goals , and objectives.

The requirements make me very cognicent of the fact that I must do my job in the most ethical and knowledgable way. They also drive home the need to stay on top of rules, regulations and to continually increase my job knowledge.

Vicki,
The Commission for Independent Educaton is a consumer protection agency and is there to assist you. Staff is willing to take time and answer any questions you have in dealing with admissions or with students.

Miriam,
I agree. The regs are to protect the student and compliance is key.

Sign In to comment