Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Meetings

What meetings do you attend to learn more about your job, admissions policies, regulatory requirements, and your institution?

I attend regular leadership meetings, Skills competitions to iteract with students and teachers, and school counselor events. I belong to the Florida Student Counselor Association as well.

Marion,
Being involved in your institution and the students is very important. This brings a certain level of confidence when speaking with prospective students.

I find that being engaged with all aspects of the business is so important. You are right it brings confidence and also credibilty that is transparent to families,school counselors and educators who are both very much linked to a high school student's future endeavors.

I take courses such as this, participate in numerous webinars, subscribe to many newsletters, attend meetings or trainings hosted by the institution and attend public forums that may provide relevant subject matter.

Pamela,
Learning never stops! Excellent advice.

I attend webinars, go to conginuing ed classes. I also try to be involved in as many in house training seminars as possible.

We have started weekly lunch and learn sessions for all of our employees.

Joshua,
Excellent news! Be sure to keep records of all your continuing education training in order to meet requirements throughout the year.

I have meeting every month , the participants will be diffrents, depend the topics will be treated.
Sometime the metting are with personal from main campus and branches regarding Admission matters.
Meeting regarding , job placement
Meeting regarding of Procedures Manual.
I have participated in the Florida Employment Law Seminar ones a year

Eduardo,
Good communication links are informative and keep you on top of important issues and provide additional learning opportunities. Don't forget to share your personal experiences and pose questions to others at these opportunities.

I attend and assist with accreditation meetings since my institution is currently seeking accreditation through a few agencies. I assist with learning the regulations and developing forms and procedures that are compliant with the rules and regulations. I also attend marketing meetings and general update meetings regarding changes within the instutition and curriculum updates.

Monthly staff and management meetings as well as two meeting a year with the advertising and marketing agency to go over lead generation and other marketing strategies. I recevie e mail from the President of the college on any changes in the regulatory changes that effect our college.

Betsy,
Accreditation brings financial aid and a well respected reputation.

Linda,
Meetings are an excellent way to exchange information. Your experiences will help administration in many ways.

Under my Descrption of duties and responsabilities I must attend meetings, conferences, graduation ceremonies,student activities,institutional ceremonies, previously cited by Admissions Director or Campus Director.
Once a month I have a meeting with the Admission Director and other Admission Officers from Branch School.
We discuss and observe the laws, regulations and administrative rules of the Institution and the accrediting agencies who authorizes to the Institution.We bring to the table our experience during the month.

Every month I attend the meeting regarding the operation of the school,when Instructors , academic director and some departments explain how was the result for the last month.
the agenda includs Register report, financial aid report.
I have an Admission Director who give us the most recently up date in our regulations

We are required to attend admissions meetings periodically. We also receive written changes in policy and other important information that is vital to the workings of our department.

Eduardo,
Having meetings where everyone shares their experiences is a very productive way for all to grow. We are in a very dynamic environment and keeping up means great communication.

Eduardo,
Business operations extends to everyone at the school. By having meetings and sharing the outcomes, successes and strategies, your school will become stronger and ready to face challenges.

Sign In to comment