Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

What do you know about your institution?

How do you rate your knowledge about your institution? Be specific about what you know and what you are discovering.

I feel like I know a lot about my institution. We are frequently given training and provided with information about the industry we represent and the students we help. This is very important to our success and gives us the opportunity to be the best at what we do.

Timothie,
Sounds like your institution keeps the communication going. Often, sharing such as this brings everyone on the same page.

I feel that I am very knowledgable about my institution. I have taken the time to meet with instructors, reviewed the school catalog and sat in on classes in order to become familiar with our programs. I have met with our Student Services Department, Career Services, as well as other department heads to understand their role as it relates to the student and admissions. Over the years I have continued these meetings in order to keep myself up to date on any changes or trends in the industry or the fields in which we are hiring for.

Pamela,
Being involved in the institution itself is very valuable. Students have a new comfort level when you can speak from personal experience.

Although I am new to this position and institution, I feel I am very knowledgeable about it. I had extensive training with the outgoing Admissions Rep and still have access to her when questions arise. I have read everything I can about our program, the rules and regulations. (I am still working on getting through the Standards of Accreditation Manual though!) I meet regularly with the VP to keep up to date on any changes that occur that affect admissions. I also meet with marketing on a regular basis to discuss lead generations. I will continue to do this, as well as check the websites for any changes to the rules and statutes.

I think our school has a very in depth training program. It incorperates alot of the material that was included in this section. Inculding meeting with departments, sitting in on classes, knowing the programs.

Pamela,
Sounds like you are off to a great start. Accreditation standards can be a beast to get through, so select the fair consumer practices portion first, then program requirements and you will be able to have a very good understanding on the onset.

Joshua,
Sounds great! Make sure to repeat these opportunities as we are in a very dynamic environment and the information changes frequently.

I have begun to reach out to each individual campus location to futher my knowledge of each and what they have to offer

Philip,
Having a personal knowledge is important and gives a comfort level to your prospective clients. What do you do when you visit the other campuses?

I think I have a pretty good understanding regarding the programs my school offers and what the students are looking for when they consider coming to the school. The professions we prepare students for are always changing and have a lot of regulations, so there is always a lot to learn. I typically try to learn updates from the chief academic officer and from the websites of the agencies that regulate the profession we train for.

Our institution provides us with the necessary information needed in order for us to guide the students correctly. Therefore, they would be able to receive the right assistance in order to pursuit their courses and achieve their goals in life.

I think that I am on my way to be knowledgable enough about my institution, cause we learn everysingle day while working with my staff and students, and it is very wise to ask when you don't know.I always say that to have sucess in life, at work, in your personal life, in Network Marketing and be inspired and become a flame of inspiration and have great sucess, we all need to have passion for what you are doing.So,Knowledge is pretty necessary to give your best at work.So, yes.I am always keeping in touch with the rest of my staff, new policies or regulations and anything that smells new for a better job.

Betsy,
Sharing your experiences with others assists everyone. Good communication links are important.

Miriam,
Nothing says better about a school than a successful student. Sounds like your institution is student centered.

Antonio,
Half of knowledge is knowing where to seek knowledge. It is better to find out the answer and learn.

I have been working as an Admissions Representative for my institution for 4 years now. I feel that I know quite a lot regarding my position, the programs offered, the department chairs, program directors, deans and campus directors. As far as the rules and regulations go that is an on-going lesson. A day does not go by where I do not learn something new, either a new regulation that has changed or a different situation that I need to adapt to, etc. There will definitely be more that I will be learning after taking this course. I will be requesting meetings with Career Development especially.

I would rate my knowledge of my institution as very good. I have been here for many years and have excellent rapport with everyone.

I have, for many years, made a point of urging my prospective students to visit career services early on as they begin their education but I never realized how very important that is. I also, when possible, introduce my prospectives to the career services director who happens to be very dynamic and personable.

It's been my experience at different schools that financial aid and admissions generally don't get along but I have made a point of cultivating good relationships with all involved in the financial aid process. We put forth a team effort in working with the students.

All of our faculty and personnel know our institution very well, along with the rules and regs. We frequently have all faculty meetings to discuss new policies and procedures so that we are all on the same page.

Sign In to comment