Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Tracy,
Sounds like you are a seasoned professional. Great advice!

Rene,
Make the notebook work for you and add any additional material from your school.

Representatives from the school attend the Commission meetings regularly, we check on the website regularly and read the newsletters that CIE and FAPSC send out.

Candi,
How is the information disseminated to everyone? Do you have regular meetings for discussion?

Patty.....I am learning them by printing them, reading through them and comparing them with our schools catalog, enrollment agreement and the way in which I conduct the process. It is making me stop and think about what I am doing and how I am doing it. Even if you have been doing this for a number of years (which I have), we all have "grey areas" that can be improved upon. I think when you believe that you know everything, its time to consider getting out of our industry.

Ofcourse the online website is our first choice. Once downloaded our Director has a meeting to discuss any changes, updates or deletions that has taken place since the last meeting.

This type of meeting is part of our bi-weekly Admissions meeting. Usually the School Director and the Director of Student Services are in attendance. Topics include but are not limited to:
1. Admmission nubers for the next start,
2. Retention of active students,
3. Policy & Procedures updates and/or deletions,
4. Marketing and there effects,
5. etc, etc.

Mark,
There are many misconceptions out there because some have not taken the time to investigate. We tend to get comfortable and then rely on what we believe based on old information.

Emma,
Thank you for posting your process. It is important for everyone to know about the school as a whole. Every department is affected by the other.

I am learning on how on how important it is for an admissions representative to be updated on every rule and and change there is in the institution.

Maria,
As one of the first point of contacts, this is very important.

Review periodically my resource notebook and inserts

I read the links that was referred to us on statutes, rules and regulations

Cynthia,
Check the websites regularly and check out newsletters from the Commission.

Cynthia,
Excellent practice to check these regularly.

FAPSC sends out quarterly paperwork and the CIE does as well bothe of these help alot!

certainly ..meetings and updates are constant here

Lori,
Both FAPSC and CIE are excellent resources. Also check in on your accrediting agency for additional information.

Oloruntobi,
Meetings can be very beneficial and a platform for learning.

this is an ongoing process, statutes and regulations can be so complicated to comprehend, yet this training made it a simple read..thanks again

I am taking the CIE to ensure that I am performing to the specification of the Florida Statues and inturn adhering to my institutions regulations and practices.

Sign In to comment