Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Hello, Patty

From my perspective, I think that when it comes to organizing paperwork we need to keep your documents in a safe place, but make sure that we can easily get hold of them when we need them. The application and all needed documents and information needed from a student must remain safe because it is confidential and the students trusts you with that information.

I use a 3 ring binder to organize all paperwork and information related to completing the admissions training. The binder also contain specific information related to my institution.

Evelyn,

We are the custodian of the records. They must be kept in a safe place and also in a confidential manner. Admissions paperwork carries very personal information and it's on a need to know basis.

Patty Aronoff

Ronald,

Excellent! You are very organized. This is important in maintaining the compliance required in admissions.

Patty Aronoff

I try to organize my paperwork alphabetically with highlights to emphasize specific areas.

I am organizing all of the paperwork in a binder. This is very helpful because the information can be easily found and utilized.

I organize in a 3 ring binder by semester of the students start date. I have everything from start date to graduation.

I've been using a three-ring binder, with clearly labeled tabs and a table of contents page. It's a little bit of work, updating the TOC every time a new page or section is added, but definitely worth it to stay organized. Also, it's so much easier to find everything with it clearly labeled and in a designated place.

We also organize in color code.

My paperwork is being organized in a book for the admissions department.

As of now, I have an electronic filling system used through my MS Outlook program. I create "files" or email folders where I email myself the documents and file them away. Also, in my desk, I have a folder that contains the physical copies of all my trainings, certificates, awards, etc as well.

I plan on printing and or getting copies of all the paperwork needed during the admissions process and then putting them in binder. In recruiting we called it "Fact and evidence" When we would make a statement to an applicant we could then show it to them in writing. I have already learned the importance of learning the information so I can speak it without looking. But having hard copies to refer to is important. Example; a prospective student asks a question I don't know off the top of my head I can quick reference it in the book.

Lori ,
Excellent! You have a process and that is important in being able to ensure compliance.

Patty Aronoff

Amethyst,

A small amount of effort has great rewards. You have a solid process for finding information. Congratulations!

Patty Aronoff

Sandra,
Organization is so key for compliance. Having your paperwork organized will keep you on the right path.

Patty Aronoff

Jesse
We love three ting binders for the ability of changing, adding, or removing paperwork.

Patty Aronoff

Sheila,
Color coding provides you easy access to what you need simply by looking for the right color

Patty Aronoff

Dianne,
Excellent! Organization is key for compliance. When you were organized, you know where everything is.

Patty Aronoff

Walter,
Excellent! As with anything electronic, make sure you have a backup. Although we love the files there is always a chanc that we may lose the electronic Version.

Patty Aronoff

Larry ,

Love the title! There is so much value to what you have just shared with us.

Patty Aronoff

Sign In to comment