Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Those Statutes, Rules, and Regulations!

What are the ways you are learning the various Florida Statutes and Rules and Regulations that regulate your activities and your institution?

I am going back and using the rules when a problem arise to confirm my understanding of the knowledge. I am becoming more comfortable with the rules as time goes on. I using the statues every day and is able to relate with the information.

The florida Statutes, Rules and Regulations are a part of the training and presentation rules and regulations I abide by as an admissions rep at my school. If I need to verify anything I know where to find the information but that doesn't usually occur if we stay in compliance.

I have printed them out from this course and have added them to the Resource Notebook.

As I read through the catalog and enrollment, I can refer back to the statures, rules, and regulations. It's a lot to absorb but fairly logical and expected.

I plan to include them in our admissions meetings so we can get to know them better as a team.

Jeffrey,
The format is up to you. It does seem like so much paper but whichever way does the job...

Patty Aronoff

cynthia,

Great advice! Referencing back each time will clarify and bring further understanding.

Patty Aronoff

Robert,
Compliance is a daily task. When we get too complacent, that is when we take a misstep. Keep on learning and relearning.

Patty Aronoff

Teresa,

Great! The best way to learn is to teach. Sharing this information with your staff is keeping everyone on the same page.

Patty Aronoff

Mostly, I utilize the Commission's website: http://www.fldoe.org/cie/pdf/chapter6E_rules.pdf. I keep a print-out of the rules in my binder and usually view the site for changes approximately once per month, and update my binder accordingly. Because we are required to submit samples of our Enrollment Agreement and Academic Catalog annually for license renewal, the Commission checks and double checks our 'work', so to speak, and lets us know if we have missed anything or need to make changes. Rarely is it an issue, as we pay very close attention to ensuring that the rules are followed as written.

Reading through all the Florida Statutes and rules and regulations, and trying to understand each as i read them. also seeing how they work with the school admissions agreement and school catalog.

Through discussion, reading, and creating a resourse notebook.

Neither having them available on line or in my notebook is sufficient for me, I have put them on index cards separately and put them in my rolodex

By reading and learning from my manager also by doing these tests. Also, asking lots of questions helps me to learn.

Kelly,

The Commission may make rule changes at any time during the year. Check the CIE website for notification of upcoming rule changes.

Patty Aronoff

Charles,

Try having your school documents with you as you progress through the rules. Sometimes this brings a stronger understanding.

Patty Aronoff

Theresa,

The more we immerse ourselves into the rules and their application, the deeper understanding we will have.

Patty Aronoff

Craig,

The beauty of creating your own resource notebook is tailoring it to your specific needs. Kudos!

Patty Aronoff

Craig,
I love questions. Keeps everyone learning.

Patty Aronoff

By updating my knowledge on a regular basis.

Jennifer,
Continue to do so by seeking training, networking, checking out the regulatory websites and bring proactive.

Patty Aronoff

Sign In to comment