Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Institution Catalog & Enrollment Agreement

The institution catalog and enrollment agreement are among the documents that have been approved by the Florida Commission for Independent Education and they must follow the Fair Consumer Practices Statutes and Rules. Therefore the admissions requirements should be complete, consistent, and appropriate for the programs you offer.

Cristina,
It is also important to understand your accreditation standards which apply to your school. You will then have a well rounded knowledge base from which to draw.

The Institution catalog and the Enrollment agreement are important tools in an Admissions interview. The first one because it gives the broad information on the institution and its policies to be followed by students; the second one because is a legal document that once signed compromises the student to follow rules and regulations.

Miriam,
According to CIE rules, both the catalog and enrollment agreement constitute a contract.

Patty,
Could you clarify this in relation to question 3 on Quiz 2?

Cynthia,
The catalog and enrollment agreement constitute the contract with the student. The catalog must contain all the requirements of Standard 11 of CIE Rules as well as the requirements of Fair Consumer Practices. The catalog is the reference document for handling student affairs. It protects the school and gives guidance to handling student issues. When the student signs the enrollment agreement they state that they have received a copy of the catalog and understand that the two documents constitute a contract. Everything the student needs to know about attending school is in that catalog. Because of the contract, it is the basis of that formal relationship.
Did I answer your question?

I thought I saw something in this training that stated that the school was required to provide the student a copy of the school catalog 2 weeks before the enrollment agreement is signed. Is that true and if so, what rule requires that.

yes this paperwork is important to keep all information on the same page and within legal context.

Patrice,
Yes, the enrollment agreement and the catalog constitute a contract.

Sign In to comment