Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Definitions

What are some of the terms and definitions commonly used during the admission process at your institution?

I come from a Medicare Home Health background which is highly regulated. In the beginning of my process to open a CNA/HHA training program, I instituted an administrative manual. It includes all licensure information, current catalog, enrollment agreement. any and all credentials of licensed employees, advertising materials, city and county licensure items, and will now include the information from this course. This notebook was a good resource when we have our site visit from the commission.

These are some of the terms used in discussing our programs with prospective students:Licensure for CNA, Enrollment agreement, CIE, Board of Nursing, Home Health Aide certification, regulations, programs, payment options, fees must be paid prior to licensure exam application being sent to the state. Our school is very small, I am the administrator and RN instructor, we are touching and changing lives which is our goal. I am hoping to instill a sense of purpose and confidence in my students to begin a healthcare career, an to train them to be competent, ethical, compassionate caregivers to our elderly population.

patricia ,
Definitions are very important especially when dealing with two governing boards, CIE and the Florida Board of Nursing.

Patty Aronoff

doreen,
You are exactly right. We need to be speaking of the same things in order to eliminate misunderstandings.

Patty Aronoff

Jim,
Your definitions really described your school and students. Excellent!

Patty Aronoff

patricia ,
Thank you for your post. You have reaffirmed the need of a relevant and current resource manual.

Patty Aronoff

Denise,

Don't be afraid to get creative and add any additional material to assist you in your job. It should be most read book on your bookshelf.

Patty Aronoff

Alvin,
Many schools allow refresher courses or continuing education to students. These opportunities keep your students current and in contact with your school.

Patty Aronoff

Cheree,
You will find that between changes in your school's policies, CIE, and the USDOE, we are always changing in our sector. It is very important to keep current.

Patty Aronoff

enrollment agreement, rules, regulations, programs and enrollment

Elicia,
Keep on learning and you will discover more than you thought.

Patty Aronoff

I have started building my Florida Resource Notebook with our catalog, enrollment agreement forms as well as having handy the Rule 6E-2.010, F.A.C. Agent document and the Chapter 6 Rules document provided in this course material.
I oversee all areas of Compliance for the out-of-state university I work for and am currently learning alot about Gainful Employment and Misrepresentation.

As with most schools, Enrollment Agreement is a term we use as well to define the legal binding contract between a student and our unversity.

Student Consumer Information is the term we use to describe the federal regulations that we are required to disclose to students.

Some of the words commonly used would be Accreditation (ACCSC) governing body acting as a gatekeeper for federal funding.

Program- a course or group of courses to attain knowledge and skills leading to a certificate and or diploma.
Regulations- The institutions rules they must follow to retain licensure and approval.

Title IV
a federal allocation of funding for post secondary education Approval for such funding requires that the institution be licensed and approved at state level and accredited by an recognized accrediting agency (ACCSC)

Enrollment- Registering a student to take a program or course to pay tuition and obligates the institution to provide instruction.

Enrollment Agreement- a legal binding contract sign by applicant the contract forms an agreement to the terms and disclosures and policies of the institution. the signature is the acknowledgment .

It is a brand new school, so this notebook will be all inclusive. It makes sense to me to have a paper copy and maybe a computer file where you could search for topics my names or relevancey.

Do you think it would be more advantage to use bookmarks or favorites for saving and searching the States Rules?

Well some of the terms that are most commonly used during our admissions process include accreditation of course, because this specifies the legitimacy of the university and under what accrediting body the student will potentially be graduating with. Some other terms or definitions include "academic term" and "advisement", and of course specifying to the student the admissions process, so terms like "accept", "deny", or "conditional admittance".

licenced by the Commision for Independent Education, Florida Department of Education

I have placed the Maxknowledge terms and definitions for the course; applicable Florida statutes; the school's current marketing plan; and the current school's policies. I discovered that our school does not charge an application fee and that all books are included into the overall tuition price.

resource notebook is an A+,because you have to updated with the last changes in rules and policies. This way you are in compliance in having the latest information required for the system.

Sign In to comment