Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Marketing Materials

It is important that you ask for the marketing plans for each month. Then you will have samples of all types of marketing. These materials should be added to your notebook to keep current.

Cristina,
This is a wonderful idead. Students are very aware of the marketing materials and it shows you are on top of your game!

Our Marketing team meets with our admissions team on a monthly basis.

Marketing experiences can also be used as a way to present activities to Prospective students that the school participates in and take current students along with to represent the school and the program.I work at a Cosmetology school We currently do Girls Night Out, Pageants,Fashion shows, and Day of Beauty using our current students and then take lots of pictures which you can use on Facebook and in photo albums. Prospective students love the idea of being involved in such a community involved school.

Carl,
That is great! I would also suggest you meet with the program chairs or instructors to get a feel for the classroom experience. They will often invite you to sit in a class.

I really like the concept of girls night out. It helps the students to be more involved and utilize social media to display their work. In the end, each student should create a portfolio and keep record of any customers that they work on. It's all about networking.

Octavia,
Social networking is certainly a useful tool. Always be sure what is on the Internet you want everyone to see. Has your school created a Facebook page?

Us too. We meet on a monthly basis and communicated any changes that might happen before our meeting.

Ceclia,
It is important for us as school representatives to see what the student is viewing. Advertising slicks are an avenue to discussion. I would suggest that you make those part of your notebook.

For every new marketing campaign, our marketing director makes sure to take the time to meet with us briefly to let us know where the majority of funding is going i.e. commercials, billboards, etc and where to expect more phone calls from or about. For example, if they are pushing to get more students enrolled in a certain program, they may have more advertising geared towards that. It's a great way for us to stay in the loop with what's going on in the college. :)

I think its great that your marketing director keeps you so abreast of everything. I would love to set up monthly meetings to know exactly what marketing tools are being utilized and what they look or sound like. I have students come in telling me how they heard of us but I am not always aware of what specifically they are hearing or seeing on the radio, television, etc.. I think the marketing and admissions team should always be striving to be working in cohesion.

I totally agree with Meghan. Our webpage is one thing, spend time on a facebook page helps to connect with students, too. But we have to know all the advertising tools used at the school in order to know how they look like to understand the what brought in the student today.
As example, I heard of a 'blue postcard' and of a 'yellow postcard', but what is this?
Are the brochures up to date, are they being sent out or just available in house?...

Christina,
It is very important to see what the prospective students are viewing. Great job!

Meghan,
Having everyone on the same page is very important. The meetings are a great communication tool to keep everyone on track!

Daniel,
It is so important to be well informed on the material that draws our students. Your comment brings the importance of good communication to all.

I work at a school with an out-of-state corporate marketing team and it's been a challenge to communicate campus-to-corporate. The main problem is that there have been times when information on our website and marketing materials has gone out-of-date. Are there any national/federal/otherwise outside checks and balances that monitor this kind of thing?

Jennifer,
I am not aware of any. The Commission for Independent Education does monitor marketing materials used by their licensed institutions.

I must say that I do agree with the monthly meeting. However, I think that the Marketing Team should always meet with the Admissions team for new ideas and outside of the box thinking!

Robinson,
We are in a very dynamic environment. Communication is important.

Another suggestion is to use Google "alerts" this tool will monitor internet chatter

Sign In to comment