Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Successful technologies for higher education provide integrated software applications that support both instructors and students.

Two considerations are important, ease of use and cost effective. I agree that Moodle is a very good one software.

After reviewing a number of systems I choose eCollege for a number of reasons. However the two most important were cost and ability to deliver the content that would be user friendly to the student and would measure course outcomes and instructor capability. Since using the platform, I am pleasantly surprised at the wealth of information it provides on the administrative end. This information is delivered in "real time" and allows the school to make immediate course changes or additions and advise the instructor on student engagement.

One criteria must be getting the most for the individual school needs for what amount of money. There's much to consider, including annual cost, updating fees, cost per student versus a one-time licensing fee, whether to use in-house IT or to use the total support of the LMS. This module has loads of information to assess LMS providers. The more research done with investigating cost-for-service will benefit.

Another criteria relates to the service provided tailored to the needs of the school. It will be wise to do serious research work starting with the most popular providers. If possible, contact schools with systems already in use. Ask about what services they provide. Any issues? Online Google searches of complaints against these systems could anticipate similar issues.

I would definatly consider the cost as an important criteria and along with that I would consider the overall pros and cons. I think mager planning and oraganization and questions should be written down and discussed and maybe voted on.

In general, functionality and reliability requirements need to be balanced with the cost associated with deployment and maintenance of such system. The following criteria are to be considered when selecting LMS: ease of use, availability of 24/7 support, and cost.

The two most important selection criteria for us will be: (1) Ease of use and (2) cost.

The two most important features? 1. Price and 2. Ease of Use

Flexibility and ease of use

I think the two most important selection criteria for a course management system would be how easy it is to work the program and the cost.

Ease of Use and cost, for sure.
I would also look into how the same platform(s) is being used by competitors and what type of experience they've had, good or bad.

First would be the ease of use. Second would be the ability to track and measure each students' progress.

flexiblity for users: students and teachers, and scaleability- be able ot handle load.

For any institution the cost of the LMS is an important part of the decision making process, however, the learning and teaching tools available in the LMS are equally or more important.

The Learning Management System need to be easy to use for both faculty and students, have the teaching tools use by the faculty and have the learning tools necessary for student achieve success.

1. Ease of use for students, instructors, and administrators.
2. Cost of system, we are new to the online arena and cost is an important factor.
3. Support for students, instructors, and administrators is also important.

I am researching what our accreditating body has to say about which LMS we choose. Has anyone had any feedback from their accreditating body concerning which LMS to choose?

The importance in selection of the CMS is two fold; the schools side and the students side. Therefore, i would say that at this time on the schools side the most important criteria selection would be cost since this is a start-up for us and then on the students side it would be ease of use. This should be an easy system to support the most effective learning to a student base that is non-majority computer savvy.

What operating systems can your CMS run on?
How much would you expect this to cost?

The 'correct' answers would depend, I imagine, on your requirements and resources

Ease of use and comprehensiveness are the most important factors. If the program doesn't convey the course material in full and work well with staff and students, cost savings are irrelevant.

I think the two most important selection criteria for choosing a course management system for our institution are: functionality and cost.

Functionality - will the LMS do what we need it to do?

Cost - can our institution afford the LMS?

My opinion is that the cost is one of the most important selection criteria for choosing a course management system.
Another one is the flexibility - for the instructors and the students.

Sign In to comment