Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Flexibility and reliability are very important criterias for selection.

The flexibility for the users and understanding the budgeting that goes into place in order to have a successful online program.

Cost and flexibility are factors that should be considered as very important when considering important criteria.

Strictly from an instructor point of view, I would have to ask is it user friendly? Here at our school we use a training and testing web site that is associated with our text book. For the most part it is student and instructor friendly. It allows a certain amount of flexability for the instructor to design tests and project training. Some students complain that the testing portion is not flexable enough because it only allows them to answer the question one of two ways (task based). I have taken all of the tests and do not find them to be that way. Rarely do we come across a question that cannot be found in the text book or was not explained in the training. I would say that overall the site is a good one.

Of course, use-ablity cannot be the only factor to be considered. Cost has to be at the top of the list. If the school cannot afford the "cadillac" version, they may have to go another direction.

I feel a happy medium can be reached where user friendly and cost effective can co-habitat.

I really have no ideal because as the Receptionist, I am not directly impacted or provide imput in the decision.

William,

I agree. Sometimes a top running Ford Focus can be just what you need!

Linda Scharp

Glenda,
Thanks for looking through the course. It is important for you to understand as much as possible about what students and faculty are doing online so you can be as helpful as you can be! I'm sure you already are very good. Thanks, again.

Linda Scharp

Cost and Features (what it brings to the school, how easy it will be to use in various departments, tech support) are what I consider the two most important criteria.

There are many aspects of an LMS that need to be evaluated before making this decision; nonetheless, for the purpose of this exercise, I would say accessibility (as far as how accessible and manageable is the LMS to the students, faculty and staff) and cost.

Many important points we considered.
1. Easy of use
2. Cost/Licensing
3. Training of staff
4. Available 24-7
5. Real-time Chat
6. Discussion Forums
7. Calendar
8. Customized Look
9. Course Authorization
10. Online Grade-book
11. Course Management

The two most important issues are functionality and cost.
A course management system has to be friendly for teachers and students, allows that the activities for classes, practice and tests run properly, and also permits that students and teacher can monitor the progress during the course. If it also allows the teacher - student interaction, is much better.
At the same time, the cost has to be affordable for the institution and, of course in a range that allows that the tuition of the students don't increase too much that cause the lack of competitiviness.

I would say cost is certainly a primary concern. Ease of functionality and IT support are critical as well.

The two most important aspects must be:
An invitational environment
An easy to use

Flexibility and adaptability

To many options for untrained eye to choose from. I want to avoid jumping from one to the next. I'm just going to dive into Moodle and see what happens. Unless someone can intervene and let me know if this is a bad idea. Thanks!

Tim,
Since we are a small institution with a tight budget, I concur with your assessment on the two criteria for selection--functionality and cost.

The two most important selection criteria for choosing a course management system are:
1- the cost choice
2- the service delivery

For a better and most efficient teaching/learning process in the subject.

I agree on that,definitely our students need to be more familiar with these terminology and technology terms,overall if they are part of adult education system...

cost and ease of use

Sign In to comment