Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

From management and leadership, I've learned several invaluable lessons and how they both complement each other. I aim to create a positive and productive work environment where my team can thrive, achieve their goals, and contribute to the success of the organization.

Difference between leader and manager are a blurred line, but not if you look closely and think about it.  A leader originate, create, solve, a manager on the other hand follow, imitate, organize and does not inspire. 

I feel that I am both Leader and Manager.

Challenging to put yourself in one space or the other. I feel like I work to master them both.

I feel like I'm a little bit of both, but thinking of my current role, I'm a manager who has a heavy inclination to be a leader.

I think that it can depend on the needs of the organization as to whether you are a leader (strategic planning, visionary) or switching gears and facing the need to be a great manager (organizing, implementing and/or controlling). I think that both are important and a person that is able to effectively do both - can be valuable OR is also good at identifying organizational talent to make it happen.  

Leaders are meant to inspire while managers help to implement the goals and initiatives of the company. Both roles are complementary to one another for success. 

In my current role, I am a leader, and love inspiring, motivating, and helping my team reach new heights in their career paths. After having a better understanding of Manager Vs Leader I have a new found appreciation for the everyday responsibilities that a manager has to work but am also excited to share that vision with my other team members. 

Sign In to comment