Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

multi tasking

Multi tasking can at times be less productive if you are constantly making errors you have to correct.

Multi Tasking can really cause more problems. And generally prevent you from completing any scheduled task.

Kimberly,

Multi-tasking is real challenge. Many folks think that it means doing more than one thing poorly.

Jeffrey Schillinger

I think mulit tasking is unavoidable. When you are in a position within your company that demands you to wear many hats, it is impossible to only handle one project at a time. The challenge and skill is knowling how to allocate your time effectively for each task and when to coordinate the shifting of hats. I believe this course will improve my ability to do this, especially when I keep the company and department goals in the forefront.

Paulette,

It is still possible to adjust your schedule so that you are only dealing with one issue at a time, most of the time. Turning off email for a few hors at a time can help in this regard.

Jeffrey Schillinger

Yes, Jeff. I typically do schedule my times when I check emails. However, my Outlook is set up to provide a quick autopreview pop up, so I can prescreen whether there is an urgent matter or if it can wait for a response during my normal scheduled email time. I was more referring to the various tasks for the various roles I hold within my position.

Paulette,

I also where a lot of hats. I try to segregate tasks whenever possible. I find it more efficient.

Jeffrey Schillinger

I do agree. It's not for everyone. I have to complete a task and then get it off my desk. I cannot function with too many things going on at once. My Time Management wont allow it. but that's me.

Louis,

There are some individuals who believe that multitasking is simple doing more than one thing a bit more poorly that one would do each of them separately.

Jeffrey Schillinger

The biggest problem with multitasking to me is keeping each task separate and not skipping a critical part of either. I have also found it to be a good practice to write steps or information about each task down in a sort of check list. End of day checking the list for correct information saves me a lot of doubling back to fix a forgotten procedure of task. Some times fixing the problem can take longer than the original task.

Sign In to comment