Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

time management

time can sometimes get away from you .so before taking on any project you need to get all that applies to the project in odered so you don't have to leave it.

Yes, I agree time can get away from you on a topic if the students really enjoy or dont understand a subject.

Time management is always a concern for instructors.
If you try to go to fast, you have too much down time, or you fail to cover the subject.
If you go to slow, you can get too far behind, and have a hard time catching up.
Going to slow can cause the student to lose interest.
Either way you need to go at the correct pace, and make adjustments as you go.
Every class is different.

Dennis,

Sometimes the answer is to make oneself available before and after class for the gifted and slower students.

Jeffrey Schillinger

I like to be avilble for any student that wants to go above and beyond. I feel that is the whole point of my job.

Time management can be dificult but using the lists and forms from this course should be helpful. being organized is one of the most important keys.

Mark,

How do you determine "importance" once you have the irems on the list?

Jeffrey Schillinger

I agree with this person. Keep in mind everything that you will need to get the project done.

I feel there needs to be a balance between helping students and getting your other duties accomplished.

Sign In to comment