Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Honesty

You should always be upfront and truthful with your superiors. First, your boss doesn't like surprises, they always want to know whats going on. Second, being dishonest will cause the boss to lose trust in you and most likely lose your job, or put you in a situation where it is much easier to lose your job.
Third, if your boss knows they can trust you they will rely on you more, causing you to be promoted sooner.

Agree. Now, do you set your goals based on your expectations or you boss expectations?

My experience is that bosses and co-workers respect you most when you're honest. that means being honest if projects take a bad turn because one phase of the project wasn't complete or wasn't done correctly.

I agree, however, if you have a difficult Boss, be prepared for back lash when being honest.

I had a situation where I felt I needed to inform my supervisor about what was going on. I asked a co-worker and she said not to inform the supervisor. However, I felt like that was dishonest. In my mind, I visualized tring to communicate my actions now, or in 3 weeks, I thought telling her now was the better choice.

I ended up communicating the issure to my supervisor, and she responded that she appreciated my honesty, and I was rewarded. I don't think that would have been the case had I waited.

I absolutely agree. Once trust is broken It is hard if ever to regain. When I know somebody, my boss or coworker is lying. I loose respect. I don't trust and it seems to be a downward spiral.

Sign In to comment