Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Why Coach?

One of the benefits of coaching is to maximize staff members potential and help them achieve individual goals.

Imogene,
yes & to be very supportive while this is occurring.

Dr. Ryan Meers

Agreed. Maximizing staff potential and motivation is necessary. Coaching helps this process and keeps morale in the department on the rise =)

I think it is more than to just maximize staff members potential. I feel a when a leader coaches it shows that the leader cares about their growth in the business unit and overall success. It gives the leader an opportunity to mentor the team member and give ideas and views that will help the employee achieve their goals. Coaching is a benefit to both the leader and the team member and can help build a good working relationship between management and staff.

Jimmy,
you nailed it! Coaching is about much more than performance, but also focused on long-term development & satisfaction.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

I also believe that it can help maximizes the staff but also -- I think, as in teaching you will horn your own skills and quit offend discover new way of accomplishing tasks wail developing your staff!

Larry,
yes, the coaching aspect can really help with motivating all employees.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

I agree. Positive morale is so important for any business to continue to grow. This also helps retention. When people feel like they can grow with the company and improve their skills, they will likely stay.

Coaching accelerates team performance and creates an environment of trust and harmony. Coaching can result in better customer services and can overall enhance productivity. Coaching helps manage continuous change and helps to deal with the pressure of change. I agree that coaching provides a platform for employees to experience a greater sense of satisfaction and fulfillment and good coaching helps immensely in retaining top talent.
Dr. Anita Malhotra

Coaching accelerates team performance and creates an environment of trust and harmony. Coaching can result in better customer services and can overall enhance productivity. Coaching helps manage continuous change and helps to deal with the pressure of change. I agree that coaching provides a platform for employees to experience a greater sense of satisfaction and fulfillment and good coaching helps immensely in retaining top talent.

Agree with coaching to build a strong and performant team.
It will allow also to stay consistant on end result of decision taking or any group or team project as well.

I agree with your statements regarding coaching accerlerates team performance and build a strong team. However, I also think that sometimes, coaching can take a person to a higher level of unhealthy competition with team members which as you can imagine, can lead to other issues. How do you handle negative impresssions of "sucking up to the boss" or being someone's favorite (teacher's pet sort of speak or someone with the same desires is not getting the same "attention?

Sloan,
this is a good question. To me coaching should be done with all of my employees & should be focused on their professional growth & development. Rather than encouraging competition with the team, it should be competition with self.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

I totally agree! Staff members are much happier when they are meeting their full potential and they have goals to focus on and work to get them achieved. Everyone likes personal accomplishments!

Lori ,
and the coaching process really is a great way to facilitate this success as we can help our staff members to move toward their goals.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

Sign In to comment