Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Conference Calls

I'd be interested to hear the group's thoughts on utilizing these tips for conference calls. The majority of the meetings I arrange or attend are generally via webinar or conference call. What are some suggestions on how to make this type of meeting worth while?

The webinars I've attended were prefaced by an agenda sent out a few days prior. This has been a PP of the topics with important information presented early to allow time for digestion and thought processing. Worked well for me as I could formulate questions and focus on the comments of others during the meeting.

I think that physical meetings versus conference calls keep us connected as a team. It is much needed especially when teaching is our main job and we rarely see our colleagues.

Conference calls, webinars, etc provide an opportunity to keep people informed without killing productivity. I can participate as much as I need, but still multi-task privately without appearing disruptive and disrespectful. Video-conferencing, on the other hand does not afford that opportunity and I recommend using video only with smaller groups or with topics that must command singular focus.

Conference Call meeting is really more productive in a way that it allows those who can't physically present at the facility, yet be able to tune to what is going on and be able to give their feedback. In order to make it more productive, I suggest that the meeting times will be offered at different time such as one in morning and one in the after noon.

Sign In to comment