Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Moving around

It is good to move around and it helps to keep your listener focused.

Excellent idea. I like to move around to keep my own blood circulation goingas well (I am old).

I feel it is good only if the Job requires you to do so!

To much moving around can create a distraction

I am more comfortable using a lectern and standing in one place, but I have found that it is helpful to move around and to move closer to the individuals I am interacting with.

Plus...it engages the audience and keeps them "at attention" never knowing when you may be standing next to them (and hopefully they are not asleep).

Also keeps things more lively!

yes I agree it engages my students. Doing this makes everyone stay on their toes incase I call on them to comment. Plus I feel like I have everyones attention

yes, moving around keeps me more alive and I make better eye contact with audience. I can see more of their facial expressions and it lets them know I am comfortable being closer with them.

Moving around helps keep the audience engaged. Standing in one place can easily put them to sleep. I like to walk around the stage and glance people in the eye. I tend to be expressive with my hands & my voice tones. Walking just reinforces these two.

Sign In to comment