Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Communticating to employess with different schedules

We hold instructor meetings every 6 weeks in 4 different locations. Not everyone shows up so communication sometimes requires an email. with a copy of the minutes. does anyone have a better way of reinforcing what was discussed and making sure the employee understands it.

dedicate a time and place whether it be at one location or several locations at different times. asign subject matter to all participants and mandate everyone be there and participate in the group discussion. a round robin discussion is always educational and generally has everyones attention. problem solving is always difficult. never the less if the problems arent solved they do not go away on their own. camaraderie is the key to the success, if all parties feel that their opinions are valued they will be more apt to put them out there.

I agree. Open communication, strong relationship building opportunities and the presence of a solid support system for staff are critical to everyone's success.

I'd recommend creating a PowerPoint presentation that is either sent by email or saved on a central network location. Breaking the information into smaller sizes (i.e. one topic per page) is less likely to shock the audience with information overload. Additionally, it's more visually appealing than a word-processed set of notes, when done right.

First you may want to check with your employee's if a centeral location and a neutral time for all employee's would work. I also like the idea of sending power points with the main topic of them meeting being sent to employee's who couldn't make it to the meeting.

Within our department we communicate through multiple ways to ensure everyone is getting the information. We use email, verbal communication. Also when we communicate things with students we have to use various methods such as flyer, mass emails, classroom annoucements, postings on their student portal etc. Everyone communicates in a different way and to be as effective as possible you must try every angle.

Sign In to comment