Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Team work

Good communication within a team creates a functional work environment.

Shana,
Your right! It not only creates a functional work environment but is also a key ingredient for success of the current project and any future team endeavors.Communication is critical to report progress, issues and new learnings.

Ron Obstfeld

Good communication is key for a team to be successful. The team should have a common goal. As a leader, i would break up the project into smaller parts and delegate the resposibilities to all members of the team. Knowing what the end result needs to be, communication throughout the steps checking progress as we go to ensure we are all headed in the right direction. Once the project is completed successfully, it make the next endevor that much easier.

Susan,
I would also recommend that as part of the team communication you do an extensive debrief with team to discuss what went right and what went wrong. This will help structure the next team event.

Ron Obstfeld

Absolutly, and also creates a real focus in the department goals.

Kenji,
Also should create focus on team members development and success.

Ron Obstfeld

There is no "I" in TEAM. All must be held accountable for results and they should see themselves acheiving the results. They should look at the ducks as they fly together information in a "V". Each follows and assists one another to help build and strengthen the group. If one falls in formation, another steps in and assumes the role without delay. This is what builds the foundation and strengthens the team to perform as one unit.

Phyllis,
Whereas ducks are born with the "team" behavior we are not. These behaviors must be learned. How do you prepare your team members and the leadership techniques you use will drive the team results.

Ron Obstfeld

One activity that I like to do with teams is to ask each individual to draw two circles on a blank piece of paper. Then they are asked to draw a penny. After everyone is through, the individual counts how many details of the penny they could remember and it is tallied on the board. While doing this, the team leader asks each person individually if they tried their best. Of course, the answer is yes. At this point, the activity is attempted again. Only this time the entire team works together to recreate the penny. Naturally, the point of the activity is to drive home the old saying, "the sum is greater than its parts" because when working together on the task, the team is able to recreate a lot more detail of the design of the penny.

Sign In to comment