Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Team Buy In

A big challenge to any manager is to first get the team to buy into your management ideas and goals. The approach needs to take in consideration all aspects of the team. Who they are, skills they bring, and a willingness to learn new ideas. A manager needs to be open minded and guide when needed or let the team run with their ideas, it all come down to what works for your own group of people.

Mark,

You are right. Especially in the beginning, the best leader is one who looks, listens, and learns about their team. That is a great way to earn respect. I also recommend that new leaders take and distribute good minutes and follow through on tasks. Walking the walk will establish a positive culture.

Dr. Jamie Morley

I think it is very important to present new information in a positive manner. I recently had to present change to my team. I had to clarify a few things with upper management in order to present the in a detailed manner. I also had to be able to answer any questions my team had.

Erin,
Good idea.I'm sure the team felt much more included in the process...rather than just following orders.

Ron Obstfeld

I agree. I like to lead by example and have always valued the leaders that have done this. I think that showing yor team how to handle and behavie is the bet way to get them to be on board with the project or task.

Sign In to comment