Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Evaluations

In many of my courses the evaluations are already embedded within the course. However, they are generally the objective form of evaluation, along with a combination of subjective evaluation. Evaluations are provided on a weekly basis.

Jorell,

Good post. it is important to them embedded and as a part of the learning process.

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

We use a combination of assessments that are preassigned in our courses. Weekly we have checks and assignments that are objective, and at the end of the week we use a subjective assessment. I have gotten use to using the combination, and to me it gives us a good insight into where the student has strongly grasped the information as well as what information it may be beneficial to review in the end of the week summary.

Lauren,

So you really use the assessments to gauge where your students are in the learning? Good for you. I am surprised when educators don't use their assessment to improve their own course!

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

We also use a combination of assessments. There are objective assessments done on a weekly basis, along with subjective assessments that give further insight into the student's learning (or lack thereof).
Ongoing evaluations of a student's progress are not only necessary for student success, it's also necessary if the school wishes to remain relevant with what it teaches.

Sue,

Don't you think that it is best to use a combination of assessments to determine learning? It gives students more than one way to establish competency.

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

In my class the evaluation is usually available to the students by the end of the class.

Jeanelisse,

Do you do any informal evaluation at the middle of the course?

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

We also provide weekly evaluations to students which help them feel empowered and successful while assisting the instructors with helping them during the tough spots.

Jennifer,

That is great. Does it create much work for you?

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

Evaluations are embedded in the course itself and the students can fill them out at the end of the module.
Elizabeth

Elizabeth,

So do you feel that provides you with enough data to make decisions?

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

Sign In to comment