Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Greetings all.
Many students are competitive. For this group it will be a great motivation tool . However, one item to consider is hat for the student who is struggling...being forced to face that they are constantly performing below average can be a major item that may make them give up. Has anyone seen this second group in a class?
Be awesome.
John

We could say that grading is a real life activity. They will in many organizations be evaluated on a continuing basis and will see how they a doing in comparison to their peers as well as their goals. Is real life activity a good goal in what we do?

John,

I do think it is up to the instructor to reach out to those students that are not meeting their expectations and talk about what they can do to meet it. Develop an improvement plan then work with it to meet the goal of the next assessment.

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

John,

I agree with you. This semester I am not calling grading grading, I am calling it evaluation and I will provide them feedback. This is more inline with what happens in the real world. Students will be required to react to the feedback. I hope to change this culture of grading and just looking for a letter.
Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

In my opinion, this would be great. This in some way gives the student the motivation to want to do better than the average. I feel it will help all the way around.

Ramonica,

You may want to make sure students understand what you are providing but most LMS's will allow you to do that.

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

Sign In to comment