Facilitation, Feedback, Continuous Improvement, and AI Integration | Origin: EL122
This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:
Live Online Teaching: Tools and Techniques for Engagement --> Facilitation, Feedback, Continuous Improvement, and AI Integration
Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.
This module helped me understand that effective live online teaching requires ongoing facilitation, meaningful feedback, and a willingness to adjust. Engagement involves more than attendance; students need opportunities to ask questions, practice skills, and demonstrate their understanding. Polls, chat responses, and exit tickets can help me identify confusion and decide when to clarify a concept or change the pace.
I intend to apply these ideas in my entertainment business and content marketing classes by alternating brief explanations with collaborative activities. For example, students could work in breakout rooms to develop a content calendar, share their decisions, and receive feedback from classmates. After each session, I would review their work and feedback to identify what supported learning and what needs improvement.
I also see opportunities to use AI to summarize session transcripts, organize recurring questions, and highlight topics that may need additional explanation. I would review AI-generated findings for accuracy and protect student privacy. My goal is to use these tools to support my judgment and make each session more responsive to students’ needs.
One thing I learned from this topic is that teaching online is more than just presenting information on a screen. You really have to focus on engagement and give students different ways to participate.
This module taught me to shift from simply delivering content to actively facilitating learning. I realized that lecturing through dense topics like digital distribution across multiple platforms causes cognitive overload and kills engagement. I plan to apply this by matching digital tools to my learning objectives.
This module taught me that I need to make participation possible in different ways. Some students are comfortable speaking, while others may prefer chat, polls, or small-group discussions. I also learned that collecting feedback is only useful if I respond to it during the lesson.
In my next live online math class, I will use a short poll after explaining a concept, then ask students to share how they solved a practice problem. If their responses show confusion, I will slow down and work through another example. After class, I will review the poll and chat responses to decide what to improve in the next session.