Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

FACEBOOK Linking to Blog site

FACEBOOK Linking to Blog site
Facebook has become a defacto standard in social media marketing for business and personal brand building thus it can work for education. The opportunities for an educator to build awareness, community, authority and sales potential in Facebook are plentiful. But, it can be daunting if you don’t understand the ins, outs, the upside and the risks.

Sabrina,

You make a great point. I actually think it is better at the beginning to follow blogs and then put the discussion within discussion boards. This will help determine the use of the blogs.

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

I think linking blogs to other sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and more can help your student develop a good online reputation. I believe your students should be encouraged to do this. Therefore, when future employers go to search the students name-they find all of the great work/articles they wrote online relating to an important topic.

Most younger students are comfortable with blogs but find FAcebook to be for "old people" where as college students use both interchangeabley with dexterity and skill learned at an early age. older college student ( 40-50+) become easily frustrated because they wanted minimal technology to learn the subject at hand, not more to learn and are a bit lost and overwhelmed

Depending upon the purpose of the blog, social media networks can be used to bolser viewership and encourage blog traffic, especially near the beginning of a blog's lifecycle. I regularly encourage my students to publicize their blog posts on their social media pages (especially initially) so that they can generate readers and followers at the outset of their blogging experience. Typically, the if a blog post receives a higher amount of traffic, it will generate more meaningful discussion and therefore, will result in a more enriching experience for everyone involved.

Sign In to comment