Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Good use of blogging

I can see that using blogs for proper writing, collaborating, discussions, etc can be quite useful for a blog. Now days, most professional writers are encouraged to have blogs. Blogs though should be written properly and using appropriate grammar and punctuation, spelling, etc. Otherwise, it just becomes a jumble of someone's ideas that may or may not have any educational value.

Vallorie ,

You are right. You would have to set that expectations are set and students are held to them. A rubric would work well in these situations.

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

Blogging is an excellent source for enabling shy people to fully participate when they may not be able to in a classroom setting.

Joe,

It is true! Many students feel more comfortable in communicating that way. It can empower them.

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

I encourage my students to participate in a blog or to follow what’s going on on a specific blogger’s blog. I think that having a blog could be very useful to the students and also within the course. Even though blogs are very useful the correct grammar and the proper etiquette is needed when posting.

Sign In to comment