Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Lesley,

Great points! You are right, the goal that an engaged community will all learn from each other. You hope that as the instructor, you are the facilitator.

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

I would have to say student, but the two are not mutually exclusive. We can't let them veer from the established objectives.

Christopher,

Your use of social media must be be tied to the objectives. You don't use social media just to use it.

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

I believe that it is important to have both student content development and instructor content development when incorporating microblogging into the course. One cannot be effective without the other.

Cristy,

Good point. It is important for the instructor to model the behavior and content expected of the students.

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

I'd say student content because he or she is the one who really makes the class interesting. Curriculum is just words until there is meaning applied. Microblogging, therefore, is a window into the student's learning that is very rewarding for any educator.

The question is like asking me what season is more important, summer or winter. Well, there can be no summer without winter, and there can be no winter without summer. Both are equally important.

It is the same with student content development and instructor content development. Traditionally, instructor content development has been viewed to be more important, but things are changing. Personally, I think that both go hand in hand. I hope that this makes sense.

Donald L. Buresh

Sign In to comment