Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Patter of Communications

Establishing a pattern of communication, the two most important things to consider and why:

1. Do you send messages that can be clearly understood, eliminate any need to interpret the message that may vary across the intended audience? The idea is to establish consistency.

2. Are you using the maximum efficiency to reach the intended audience? You want to make sure everyone that is impacted by your message is notified.

Marshall,

Again, I like that you ask questions. Many times people don't know what questions to ask. This is helpful.

Hi Marshall,

When communicating with my online students, I am very conscious about being understood in my messages because of the population that I teach. My students are at-risk adults where many of them do not have a high school diploma or GED. In addition, they have not developed any coping mechanisms so I have to be very careful how I relay message and how I respond.

In terms of efficiency, I ensure that I address each student by name and I also says "Hi Sam," then I go on with my message. I find this method very personable and it helps when I have to communicate progress which can sometimes be challenging.

Thanks,
Letitia

Letitia and Marshall,

Thanks for continuing the conversation. Using the student's name does help connect with the students and is more personable. Keep up the good work.

Sign In to comment