Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Student retention

I have tried many time contacting students who ceased to particiapte in an online course in the middle of the session. The simply ignore and do not respond to my email sent via the online course email plateform. What can be done at teh campus level to make sure to contact those online students and motivate them to continue.

Texting students helps keep them engaged for the online class I am teaching.

All the best,

Bonnie

The participate must be promoted and encouraged at the outset by the online instructor. Frequently send messages works

Contacting students immediately when you notice no activity.  Also setting email reminder helps.

Hi, Nadeem. :-)

I personally believe that welcome calls are the best way to combat this! Antidote "on fleek", as my teenager would say! Giggles. :-)  But seriously, I can attest to it from my very own personal experience. Sometimes when I reach out in the middle of the course, they aren't so responsive. But when I reach out during Week One and connect with them right away, find out a little about them, and get to know them BEFORE any issues arise, they are more receptive to hearing from me throughout the course. When I only reach out once there is an issue, sometimes it can be too late and they can be non-responsive. I think they need to know that we care before it becomes an issue of numbers and percentages. I hope that helps!  :-)

Sign In to comment