Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Resources for Course Revisions

I am currently teaching a Public Speaking course and thoroughly enjoy interactions with my students. Our classes are managed by a course revision team and we are often asked about our suggestions for course revisions. I frequently offer my suggestions, but am looking for ways to become more involved in the course revision and creation process. Can anyone provide me with suggestions on how to approach my department chair regarding this request? Does anyone have experience with course revisions or creation and be willing to share how they became involved in that process?

Thank you!

Janelle,

I am a Quality Matters Peer Reviewer and have recently completed the Master Reviewer course. I have also worked at our Center for Teaching Excellence and serve as the Director of Online Learning and Development for my college where I assist faculty in developing, implementing, and refining online courses. Does your department have quality guidelines for online courses? If not, do a little research and develop some guidelines and then you can maybe go to your department chair with this as a basis to make all online courses better. You could also investigate Quality Matters to see if your college/department would be interested in having courses professionally reviewed and certified as quality online courses. Just some suggestions.

Janelle
From my experience I reviewed the end of term evaluations, did some research with my peers and approached my chair with the problem and solution. This can be from course discussions, all the way to the textbook and its content.
I must say I had success in this approach!

Bernadette and Janelle,

Glad you have found a successful approach. It's good to have a variety of feedback. Thanks!

Sign In to comment