Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Support

For me to support my students in every aspect of the class is extremly important now only from a teachers propective but also a students. They need to know that they have different avenues to go to

Jeanette:
This is all well and good for us as Educators. we must, however, be committed to dedicate the amount of time necessary especially when the number of students per class is high.
Satrohan

I feel the same way. In order to support Students from very walk of life, they should be able to refect and feel that the instructor is human.

I've actually been hired as a Support Instructor. I don't teach the class, but I support the students in every other way. It seems to be working out well. They use me a lot. Support for these students seems to be important.

Lisa:
The more support staff available, the better it is for students. Of course, there has to be processes set up to ensure that there is consistency among the support staff.
Satrohan

Support can also come from other students. If ohats are honest and open, much needed support will naturally emerge. Having open, honest communication will also play a significant factor.

Support is key. If a student feels that they have adequate support they are more likely to succeed. Knowing what resources exist and how to go about accessing them is important. A good instructor will ensure their students are knowledgeable of what help is available from other students, to technical support. Conveying this support can be difficult as most individuals respond best to physical contact. Conveying this through other means takes an investment in time and a commitment to the student.

Yes Shawnte; support is the key; so si the commitment. This is a two-way street travelled by students as well as Instructors.
Satrohan

Sign In to comment