Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Learning Styles Matter

A very interesting concept learned in this module pertains to learning styles in asynchronous discussions. I have encountered what I believe to be dependent students on several occasions, but was never able to diagnose them. Now that I understand the various learning styles in asynchronous environments, I will certainly be more cognizant. What is your opinion of these learning styles?

I have been a big believer in learning styles since college (graduate, 83). That is when I was first introduced to Gardner's theory on multiple intelligences. Gardner's research changed my life and was the guiding light for my career in working with special populations.

Lucille,

Learning styles, regardless on the ones you subscribe to, can be very beneficial to online instructors. Learning style research opens our eyes to the different ways that students can and might learn. Understanding some of these differences can help us as instructors to generate assignments and design our courses in such a way as to meet as many diverse learning styles as possible to effectively reach our students.

Herbert Brown III

Learning styles are extremely Important.

I agree...in order for all students to succeed we must learn all of their learning styles

Marko,

In what way do you see them as extremely important. Can you be more specific, maybe tell me a way that they have influenced your teaching.

Herbert Brown III

Sign In to comment