Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Student interaction

As a new online instructor, I am in the process of implementing tools such as pols, Q & A, and quizes into my presentation. It varies from class to class in regard to which tool works the best.

Definitely keep everyone replying to each topic because the last time I was doing an online class, I had a student who needed to use the facilities and she was out for over 45 minutes. I believe I should have had five questions that she should have had to make a response to and then she would not have been gone so long. I learned from my mistake.

Corrine:
In what context did this occur? Was it in a synchronous discussion?
Satrohan

I agree. All student s need to reply to each topic. A student should be allow 15 minutes or so for a bathroom break. Surely one can take care any business within that amount of time. And yes, she should have had to several question that she should have had to make a response just to ensure that she made up for the time when she was out of the class.

I have found that presenting examples to thye class and making the students accountable for answering questions related to the example, is a good way to get students to interact with one another.

Sign In to comment