Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Students learning online

I believe that students would learn as much as if they attended a class with the help of their teacher, however, there many implications that we have to ponder about, namely, the students' learning styles, the encouragement that they get from their instructor, yet, if we take for granted that the instructor is effective as to deliver the online course and that his/her student are highly motivated.

I indeed think that learning would take place, on one hand, due to the format of the course delivery, student would have the advantage of working at their own pace and thus accomplish the intended objectives as well as to have enough time to grasp the course contents.
On the other hand, learners would not have the pressure of achieving certain aims through a more structured deadline because of their learning abilities and styles.

Student learning styles greatly influence classroom performance. When I have students that don't contribute much to classroom discussions, I'll ask them specific questions to pull them into discussions. This strategy has been successful.

Mark McMullen

Good point Mark. I try to post a thread back to many of my students in their discussions. I try to keep the discussion moving with additional throughts and questions about the topic.

Marc,

I believe you have to reach out to students and figure out which learning style is best for them. Make note of it and in subsequent interactions encourage that process to maximize the student's learning potential.

Sign In to comment