Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Projecting instructor presence

Presence of the instructor is an absolute must so that student's feel that they are in a "community" that is active and controlled. The instructor must always maintain a professional student/teacher relationship making very sure to keep things professional and not personal.

Hi Karen, we are working very hard to ensure all psychology faculty develop presence in their online courses. We focus on presence to encourage knowledge construction, monitor progress, communicate feedback on performance, and encourage self directedness. Tina

I believe that the suggestions discussed during this section of the course are so correct to make your present known to all e-learner. That is how I know the classes to be set-up with Introductions, responding to atleast two other learners and the required reading, assignments and weekly topic discussions that occur.

The weekly discussions also require responses to atleast two other learners and to the Instructor when he or she makes a comment to you. Sometimes the Instructor will ask questions as if they are in a classroom and expect a response that may have required research and all of this is done with citations.

Hi Pamela, this is the same structure that we use at my institution. We place a lot of focus on instructor presence to support learners. Tina

Sign In to comment