Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Substitute online instructor

Are there additional steps one might take to keep the students' comfort level and feelings of stability up when called in to substitute for an online instructor?

Melanie:
The strategies would depend on whether you are called in after the course has begun or before the course has begun. I do not think there are any additional measures to take if you are elected to be a substitute instructor before the course begins. If you are called in after the course has begun, I believe the first thing you as well as the institution have to do is establish your credibility as an instrjuctor of the course. After that, adopting the other strategies mentioned in this course would enable you to make a smooth transition without arousing any negative feelings in students' comfort levels or creating any instability.
Satrohan

When setting the course up, introducing the substitute from the beginning would surely be emough to make a student comfortablr. Of course one must know they need a substitute from the start. I believe having back up it essential for any class to succeed.

Sign In to comment