Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Students can help us o build curriculum

On a daily basis ways to improve processes are present. Often, we jump the gun on making improvements. However, by providing students with the opportunity to voice what works and doesn't work, we can avoid errors that are important to the learning process.

Samantha,

It is trial and error sometimes that makes our courses what they are today, but you are right and we need to think through our changes to make sure they are improving the course. Tha ks.

Hi Samantha,

I couldn't agree more. The needs of the students are most paramount and hearing from them can improve the curriculum, the classroom climate and the overall learning process.

Paula

Paula and Samantha,

Thanks for continuing the conversation. We do need to consistently be involved in the revision process of the curriculum and help students most effectively reach the course learning outcomes. Thanks!

Hi Samantha,

I agree that sometimes we have the urge to fix things immediately. I have found that student feedback is often inline with issues in the course. The students "feel" the need for a fix or alternative assignment etc. Sometimes at the end of the term, you can reflect on learning tools that were successful and then incorporate more of those types of experiences into the course in the future.

Best
Tyra

Tyra and Samantha,

You are right. We do have that sense of doing things immediately. Reflection is an important component of revising the assignments/teaching/etc.

Sign In to comment