Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

A lot of authors/creators will allow the use of copyrighted material if you just ask them. Some, you may have to get the license for or use a substitute. It is also important to understand the concept of Fair Use...

I will be more aware when adding images or videos to ppts to make sure credit is given to the author. I will also be more aware as I am grading my students work to make sure all information is properly cited.

I did not realize we needed permission to utilize parts of television shows that could be applicable to instruction prior to sharing them with the class. 

"The TEACH Act can also be helpful for instructors teaching in the online environment. It does have some drawbacks however in that it focuses on non-profit educational institutions only and not does apply to for-profit educational institutions." This statement from the lesson resonated with me because I teach for a for profit online school. While we rely on the Fair Use Act for educational purposes often, it makes me wonder if we're not as in compliance as we think.

Always important for instructors to examine potential copyrighted elements in content that they plan to incorporate into their course(s). 

Sign In to comment