Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Theresa,
The resources are vast as you say and students as well as instructors can benefit from that. Students can also, of course, be taken off task or follow through with resources that are not legitimate academic or professional sources - this is where the guidance and input of instructors is vital.

Dr. Ruth Reynard

Wayne how do you make sure that the information received on the Internet doesn't hamper what you are teaching in class? For instance, if students see an incorrect procedure that could harm the vehicle in some way.

Dr. Reynard,

In the fields I teach (Web Development, Programming and Business) I don't see a need to memorize as much as know where to find the information you need to complete the project. Many times with repetition you will start to memorize common procedures. One place I do think memorization is still needed is in elementary school when learning math principles especially multiplication and basic addition and subtraction.

Justice,
I agree that in your field innovation and critical and creative thinking are more important than memorization, however, in every content area there is an amount of memorization and it is important to encourage students in that as well.

Dr. Ruth Reynard

Sign In to comment