Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

New ways to learn

With so many additional online tools to help facilitate online learning and hybrid learning and with greater awareness of the present generations regarding such, there are so many choices to help instructors better facilitate classes. I teach for more than one school and find that often the tools available in classrooms may need to be supplemented with adding learning tools that help students to learn. I think this is important when considering online learning.

Samantha,
I agree, most classrooms are far behind the tools available online. Good points!

Dr. Ruth Reynard

Hi Samantha, Do you feel that it's the instructor's or school's responsibility to provide these tools?

I agree with your post. I think that even as an instructor these tools are available to use and should be used during the course but also they need to be revised at least every 6 months just to make sure that we are presenting fresh new materials to our students.

Breezy,
Yes, keeping current with teaching methods and technology tools is a huge challenge for today's instructors.

Dr. Ruth Reynard

I agree with this, but I also think tools are there to help us facilitate and not for us to show off with various bells and whistles. An artist can't blame their tools and neither can a teacher. We should be able to do our job even if we only have access to a couple of tools. Of course they can only help, but we have to find ways to create dynamic learning environments no matter what we have.

Sign In to comment