Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Communication

How do you think using dynamic and multidirectional forms of communication will improve your ability to keep your students engaged?

Using different teaching technics will enhance the learning process of the students because each student learns differently and at different pace.

Ricky,

How does the technology you use facilitate or mediate those various techniques?

Dr. Ruth Reynard

Yes I do Because with all learning styles we need to be able to engage all.

Since students have different ways of learning, more manners of information could be presented.

Drexel,

That's true and our job as teachers is to create learning environments within which that engagement can take place. Technology helps by supporting, delivering and/or mediating that environment and every learning connection. Good points!

Dr. Ruth Reynard

Dean,

Can you be more specific about the "manners" of information? Are you referring to the mode of delivery or the format of content presentation?

Dr. Ruth Reynard

yes I do. students all learn at different levels and need multiple forms of deliverence to keep them interested in what information is being delivered to them

We are and soon will be using advanced technolgy for teaching the new age of students. Currently I use and a lecture and self study technic.

timothy,
Can you be more specific regarding those forms? There are various inputs and outputs using new technology all of which can keep students engaged.

Dr. Ruth Reynard

steve,
What does that technic entail? How do you integrate new technology? Where do you see things going in the future?

Dr. Ruth Reynard

Using both dynamic and multidirectional learning ensures the students keep on task. I have incorporated the use of the tools needed for the repairs and diagnostics. In some cases I will take the class to lab during the discussion to show the students what we are talking about to eliminate the "gray".

Using both dynamic and multidirectional learning ensures the students keep on task. I have incorporated the use of the tools needed for the repairs and diagnostics. In some cases I will take the class to lab during the discussion to show the students what we are talking about to eliminate the "gray".

brandon,
I would like to invite you to share some more of your ideas in the faculty lounge and in my forum on teaching. Specific examples would really help other instructors...

Dr. Ruth Reynard

i think it works good ,i talk about it in class show them on the board and demostrate it and have them take turn preforming the same task

james,
Do you capture the dialogue from the class for future reference by students and yourself? Capturing and distributing are two central characteristics of new technology.

Dr. Ruth Reynard

In the course that I teach (electrical) is hard for students to grasp. Using a the combination of dynamic and multidirectional learning will not only take out some of the vagueness but will keep the students attention and be able to concentration on the task at hand. Having students share different methods and what was found on the web. Then ask students what the drawbacks and advantage would be of using them.

Both dynamic and multidirectional learning helps the students keep on task.By incorporating the use of tools needed for repairs and diagnostics with visual/hands on demos is very helpful in any learning enviroment. In some cases during lecture I will take the class out to lab and put hands on to solidify.

John,

Excellent example....so critical thinking and applied thinking are also developed using this methodology.

Dr. Ruth Reynard

Kenneth,

Yes, there is benefit in an integrated instructional design and delivery. All learning preferences are addressed as are customized learning goals. Good points!

Dr. Ruth Reynard

Sign In to comment