Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Course Design

In the online environment, my courses are already designed. However, I review the links and materials to ensure they are still relevant, and that links still work. I am able to make suggestions to the course developers regarding new information to replace outdated materials etc. I find when materials are relevant and timely and correlate with what students are working to learn for real world development, they get more excited and are more participatory, as opposed to reading materials that are outdated, or do not relate to or show relevance to what they will be doing in their career. Therefore, course designers should perhaps reach out to instructors for feedback about a course while it is be designed. It should be a team effort in other words. Thoughts?

I agree. I do the same. I always check on Venders' Labs and assignments to make sure that the time is correct. A lot of vendors assume Eastern Standard time. I am in the Mountain time zone. 

Completely agree. We have subject matter experts write the course in conjunction with course developers and designers. We ask instructors, students and administrators for feedback on the course design. You need everyone's input so that the course is engaging, up-to-date and relevant for a variety of audiences.

Sign In to comment