Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

New Med/Term game ideas

I have so enjoyed this course. I have taught Medical Terminology for 7 years and fall back to the same activities that I have already adopted (its easy...), but now I am so excited to incorporate new games and activities that can be short in time but fun in activity! Thank you for this offering.

Jerri, you are welcome. I'm so glad you have gained some ideas you can incorporate into your classes.

Michele Deck

Agreed- this is the most useful course I've taken so far, with a lot of ideas I'd never come up with. The hardest part is finding time because we are not allotted for this course, but luckily most of the exercises don't seem to require much additional time.

the ideas in this section has brought in fun to learning and i personally cannot wait to utilize the games and ideas that were taught to us.

Ronald, thank you for your kind words. Please try to implement a new teachig idea the first chance you have.

Michele Deck

I love to add fun to the learning process. I have a Jeopardy game that students really enjoy. It is fun and educational. They learn by playing. Who would ask for a better educational tool.

Tammy, I have found the same thing to be true with my learners. Thank you for sharing your story of success with Jeopardy.

Michele Deck

I am very excited about adding some of these fun activities to my terminology class. I truly believe they will help meet the learning needs of any type of learner.

I enjoy making learning fun.I feel it makes the student more competitive as well as eager to learn more.I can't wait to try some of the new educational games that I have learned.

Earline, I know you will see results with these newly added activities. Good luck in all your teaching adventures!

Michele Deck

I have already shared some of these ideas with other instructors. It is exciting to discuss these ideas and even a few variations that we are ready to implement.

Toni, getting a practical adaptable teaching idea from this course was my goal for everyone who takes it. It sounds as if that is true for you.

Michele Deck

The ideas are great to incorporate into medical term class. I've always dreaded teaching this subject but now I'm at a comfortable level.

I too am very thankful to have learned some great ideas that aren't terribly time consuming. It will give me a chance to take a quick break from lecture, but still keep the class learning.

Kimberly, we all agree that time is a precious commodity in classes.

Michele Deck

I agree with this statement!!!! This course has given me new ideas and practices to use with my students

Medical Terminology is my favorite class to teach. I really like the mystery word idea. I can't wait to incorporate it into all of my classes this semester. Thanks for the idea!

I agree!! When we make learning fun, the students are more attentive and it seems they retain more information.
Friendly competition is another advantage to engaging the students in their learning process.

I will definitely incorportate these new tools into my classroom.

Tonya, I'm sure the fun and low anxiety learning environment will benefit your classes.

Michele Deck

I agree. I am always looking for new, fun ideas for med term. This course has been very helpful.

Sign In to comment