Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Medical terminology

By learning Med Term helps students to function better in the medical feild

Leveda , it is an essential course that is a baseline knowledge for success in the medical field.

Michele Deck

and they can relate to personal issues as well

Yes, which helps them connect the information easier.

Strong knowledge in medical terminology is essential to any health care worker. Knowing medical terminology gives confidence to the student in interacting with over healthcare professional, as well as speaking the medical language correctly.

Danilo, part of the challenge is getting the students to value this about medical terminology, not just memorizing it.

Michele Deck

I try to explain to each new class that medical terminology is essential to having a successful career in the medical. T try to show them how much easier knowing their med terms will make their job smoother.

Justian, it is hard for some students to see relevance when they are challenged with learning a new language (medical terminology). It's good that you connect it to success for them.

Michele Deck

I agree, I have spent years trying to convince my students to learn the proper use of Medical Term, if they learn how to use it correctly medical pronunciation becomes much easier and understanding the correct definition will be easy as pie!

Student seem to focus on the work of learning medical terminology instead of the usefulness for their careers.

Students need to learn medical terminology in order to be successful in the medical field, especially for medical billing and coding students. Learning medical terminology is the foundation for medical coding.

My students get terminology every week. I have one student put the terms and definitions on quizlet. They can make flash cards with this program plus it has games that the students can play to help them learn the terms.

Lisa, I like that one student is in charge of this at a time. It helps to create responsibility in students in that learning is a partnership, not just an instructor's job.

Michele Deck

It seems to get them involved and proactive. They come to me and ask if anyone has put the words up yet.

Med. term. is the foundation of everything you do in the medical field.If you cant talk the talk you will not be able to walk the walk.

David, this is a fundamentally true statement. The students do not always connect with this fact, or see its importance at first. Once they do,any will jump right in and work hard at mastering this content.

Michele Deck

Medical terminalogy is the foundation for all medical courses and training. Every other medical couse will consist of medical terminology and there for it must be given a as a prerequisite in the medical field

Aleatha, this course does lay the groundwork for career success.

Michele Deck

Sign In to comment