Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Tara, thank you for your honest thoughts. Pick your favorite activity and use that first.

Michele Deck

I have really only used Jeopardy but can't wait to implement some of these other games.

I use jeopardy, group multiple choice quizzes, individual medical term breakdown on volunteer basis, and the cd that come with the text. The CD has practice quizzes, word search and hangman on it.

I created the flash card game. Dividing the students into two teams. I have index cards with one word part written on the front side. The students are lined up in front of the baord with stack of cards on each side and have to do a relay to see who can write the meaning of the word parts the fastest.

Cecilyn, thank you for sharing this activity with us.

Michele Deck

As I discussed in another forum was the translation of common board games to reflect course material. To advance in games (in which the normal advancement would be through a draw of a card or the roll of the dice) students would have to answer a question correctly regarding the course material.

Using translated board games is also an efficient way to have smaller groups interact and produce better learning and participation opportunities for the students.

After meeting my Learners I adjust the activity to their learning style. However memory games are very well receive. I make a list of terms and they have to describe it with one adjective that start with the same letter. The whole entire class get involve.

Sometimes, if there was a small amount of class time left, I would let them play Hangman st the board. It didn't require a lot of prep or materials and would let the class end on a fun note.

Sign In to comment