Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Medical Puzzles

In addition to crosswords and word searches, I have also used Word Scrambles. Since my class entails spelling quizzes for every unit, I feel that word scrambles are a great way to help students to remember how to spell medical terms correctly. I do make sure that there is a equal mix of easy ones versus hard ones; just to keep them on their toes. =)

This is a great suggestions, especially balancing the easy and hard terms, too.

I think this is a great idea. Outside of the usual crossword puzzles and word searches. Nice to switch it up a little but still reinforce the proper spelling of the terms.

I too use word scrambles, they seem to like these the best. Also, they try and make other words out of them and it becomes a real challenge for them to make other medical terms.

I like this idea and it shouldn't take too much time for prep. That is the one challenge I have.
I like activities, but have limited time to prepare them.

i agree that preparation time can be a problem. We also have a storage problem - where do you keep all the "toys"?

This is a great tool to use, I am glad you reminded me of this game!

I use crossword puzzles and word search.It's funny, though. Some classes like one type of activity better than others. My current group hated the crossword puzzles, so I won't use them this term.

Yes, each class has its own personality. It's best to plan activities that they like and enjoy, so best not to use them this term, Laurel.

Medical puzzles are very helpful and exciting.

Great ideas for help with spelling - word searches, crossword puzzles, word scrambles. I was looking for suggestions.

I feel as though word puzzles inhance memory, and spelling techniques

Crossword puzzles great idea to reinforce proper spelling of medical terms. So many times students kill the spelling of these words. This will certainly help.

The crosswords allow them to see when they are missing letters.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS NEW IDEA. i LIKED ALL THE ONES PRESENTED IN MAXKNOWLEDGE, BUT THIS "WORD SCRAMBLE" IS PERFECT FOR MY HUMAN ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY, AS WELL AS DENTAL ANATOMY CLASSES.

Sign In to comment