Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

eyes and ears

As I was reading your activity idea on "eyes and ears?" I was already thinking on how I can use this method for our students in clinical practice. This would be an excellent method to be given every now and then to help our students build and strengthen on assessment skills. I also think when it is given at spur of the moment; surely they will be on thier toes with "eyes wide and ears open" at every clinical practice. Will let you know how it turns out. Thank You

Marife, thanks, I will look forward to your results.

Michele Deck

I thought the same when I read this. I plan to use it prior to even beginning my lecture on Patient Assessment in my Clinical Procedures class.

This is an interesting exercise that I want to adopt in my next class. I think it will also show the students how vital it is to multitask in the clinical setting.

Linda , multitasking is a critical skill that takes time to develop. I'm glad this activity will help them develop that skill.

Michele Deck

I loved this activity when I read it. Too often sonographers will be busy typing in patient information while the patient is giving a history. If one is not focused and listening, he/she may miss some valuable information that the patient has mentioned. I teach my students to always look at the patient when they are speaking and to actually listen to them. I cant wait to use this activity with my students to show them "are they really listening and remembering".

Michelle, I am so glad this will help you to teach your students where to focus, specifically on the patient.

Michele Deck

I agree and will also be using this activity with my class. We just had our advisory board meeting last week and one of them had mentioned that the students need to work on their assessment skills. I think this will be a good way to start.

Sign In to comment