Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Wheel of knowledge

This idea can be used for the most important items only. Seems time consuming.

Hi Mary! I agree that some of the activities can be time consuming. I find it best to use the more time consuming activities for content that is really hard for the students to grasp. The time spent ensuring that they understand a certain concept is totally worth it and really pays off in the end. God Bless!

I use this tool to complete the learning gap,most of the time students understand 75 percent of the information.thats where this tool comes in handy for the rest of the information.

I agree that his is a great tool especially for the information that you see that your students just cant comprehend. It also is a fun activity and will get everyone involved.

It seems time consuming, but I guess once it is made then new pie shapes could be created. They could be stuck on with velcro? I could see how this could work.

Tracy, it takes time to create a set, but being reusable will save time when you use it in the future.

Michele Deck

I use this tool in my classroom setting and although it's time consuming I incorporate this and other activities in one day,

Bindu, if you'd like, you can spend less time per class with this by spreading it over several class sessions.

Michele Deck

It pains me to across incompetent, but I struggled with the spatial part of the location of the arrow at the top of the wheel.(:-I) Wouldn't it be in the center of the wheel? Evidently, I am a strong visual learner and could not visualize this as a completed project. Sorry.

The activity itself as a process, seemed a bit elementary to me at first for adult learners, and I believe our student population would lose patience with it quickly, but I do understand how it could be adapted for the purposes that were suggested.

I too agree, this is a great learning tool, the students actually enjoy it and it seems to re-enforce the information and retention.

Sign In to comment