Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

This forum has been very helpful. I am preparing powerpoints weekly, so the option of creating presentations through Google Docs is going to be useful. Thanks for all the helpful tips.

It is amazing how far technology has come, the introduction of smart phones has released us from old paradigms.

I do the same with not just presentations but a lot of other materials.

I load information on a jump drive I carry all the time. I don't use a smart phone so it is the alternative. Having a tablet and a laptop makes it easy for me.

It is hard to ignore the fact that we are using smartphones for more and more things, and this would qualify as one of them. I sometimes take picture of recipes or notes in order to keep them handy, and use my email to be able to access files anytime. Good point!

I like storing my info on my jump drive. I usually keep my drive with me along with my laptop. Recently I destroyed my drive and lost some valuable information but I had a lot of my information stored on the schools hard drive as backup.

I like emailing them to myself. So it will always be available. Students are not allowed to use phones in class, so I will not use my phone in class.

we don't really have any problems cause each classroom has it's own computer with all the stuff on it but we were given jump drives and that goes on my key chain so I can't leave the house without it.

I do not use my phone while teaching so I put everything on my flash drive. It's quick to upload and I don't have to squint to see what I'm trying to do.

Michelle,

I rely heavily on mine too, I do sometimes forget it in the lab after class, so be sure to keep a separate drive for personal information.

Theresa Schmitt

I do have a smart phone, but would not be interested in storing my teaching plans and PowerPoints on it. Smart phones have a tendency to let you down just as much as the internet service or the computer itself. I rely heavily on my flash drive, and would feel lost without. I did not realize that SkyDrive was available, or that it was a free resource. I will have to look into this.

Elizabeth,

Personally, I email presentations to myself, upload to my Google Drive account, and have a copy on my thumb drive- that way, one way or another, I will have access from any room with or without an internet connection. Now, guaranteeing the projector bulb is not out, well that is another story : )

Theresa Schmitt

I keep all my lessons on a flash drive as well, but have them all backed up online so I can access them if needed.

I would like to utilzie my phone to a greater extent than I do, I always carry my phone with me. How do you access your files on your phone such as possibly powerpoints or videos, and then connect to the computer to project onto a multimedia screen? What is the easiest way to accomplish this?

Sign In to comment